Wednesday 10 July 2013

A social anniversary


A week ago my boyfriend and I celebrated our 18 month anniversary (#defacto). Having been on the other side of the world from one another for our one year anniversary, we decided to make it a little spesh and head out for a date night. 

Since the opening of The Social Eating House in Broadbeach, I'd estimate that Nick and I have ventured there nearly once a week. It's getting a tad embarrassing. 

Every time we have gone we have been sat at the bar overlooking the kitchen. This usually involves us forgetting to speak to one another as we are so wrapped up in the action in front of us. 

We decided on this particular night that we'd leave our meal in the capable hands of the kitchen. Our only specification being that we felt like lots of starters rather than mains. (However, if you going there for your first time you must give the chicken a whirl! *drools*) 

It was such a good decision, as we got to try things that we would never have thought of ordering! 



Rare beef on toast with truffled manchego and red onion jam. 


Jamon, manchego and potato bombas.


Scallops with morcilla (blood pudding) 
Something I would never order or think to put together but was absolutely delish.
A daring spin on a "Surf n Turf" I say. 


Nick had sardines with tomato, roast garlic and aioli on toast (left).
Not being a big fan of sardines, I opted for my favourite: hot smoked trout mousse with fennel and pickled onion on rye toast (right). 


Roasted Tasmanian salmon fillet with saffron linguini and spanner crab.


Chargrilled lamb cutlet with artichokes, fennel and tzatziki

Cutlets are one of those things I would never think to order out, I find them pretty boring. However, these bad boys nearly changed my mind! 


Reaching our limit on food, we decided to finish off the meal with a little 'Nightcap' of Pedro Ximénez. 


We then promptly rolled home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment