Saturday 17 August 2013

The perfect Melbourne morning

I've been in Melbourne for a few days before heading overseas (I'm currently writing this from the airport, so freeeeaking excited). Many judge Melbourne on its 'arctic' weather but there's a charm to this place that you just can't fault! 

Friday morning was one of those 'god I really miss this place' moments. Having moved to the Gold Coast just over two years ago, I feel that I have really made the sunny town my home, but everytime I visit the city that I was born and bred there's something that tells me I'll be back here one day. 

My boyfriend and I woke up on Friday to a sunny (but oh so crisp) morning. With the Italian holiday of 3 weeks fastly approaching we thought it would be responsible for us to head to 'The Tan' for a little trot (for non-Melbournites it is a well known track around South Yarra's Botanical Gardens).




Having taken in some of the beautiful gardens and conquered the dreaded vertical footpath of Anderson St, we decided we'd continue on our way to Top Paddock. Yes we were 'those guys' in their leggings out for breaky.




We both ordered Top Paddock's controversial avocado on toast, I had mine with the most amazing green tomatoes. There's been a bit of banter around the dish as some diners don't like the 'DIY' feel of a $16 breakfast. 





I don't mind it for two reasons: 

1) So many places these days you order avo with your breakfast and you are receive a salsa of mushed up brown looking avocado full of red onion, leaving you with no mates for the rest of the day due to your terrible breath.

2) The Barham avocados they use are soooo bloody delicious! With your first pissed off bite they are laughing back at you for judging the dish. 

We finished off the meal with a tarty grapefruit juice, and moved our little legs back to the car before the winds hit!! 










NB: Anyone who has been to Top Paddock and has frother over the avocados as much as I do, you are able to enjoy them in your own abode and even better have them delivered to your front door. Barham avocados do subscriptions! Best delivery of my month, when 12 avocados of different 'ripeness' arrive. Check it out at www.barhamavocados.com.au.















No comments:

Post a Comment